Friday, October 22, 2010

Who was I?

i heard the words that you said
words that laid around within my head
was i just a game to you, not any special someone, just another name for you
that you'd soon once forget?
like all of the ones that ruled once in your head?

*
i need just one more question answered
i need just one more thing to know...
**
who was i when i keep your tears from falling?
who was i when i come to ease your pain and sit by your side?
who was i to believe that i was your best friend?
was i just another mem'ry to forget?

before we both fell apart
i remember holding your hands close to my heart
and i told you to push me away
somehow i knew the wrong could never be right anyway
from you i suddenly did hear a change in your voice with words that i feared

*, **

but if you asked me what you were to me
even if it doesn't matter now
i must say it somehow


you were mine
every tear i'd catch from falling
you were mine
always knew that in this heart you were inside
you were mine
i believed that you were my best friend
though i know i'm just a mem'ry
like 'the end' to all of the stories
but to me you were the one i loved
i loved until the end
..you were mine.

fin

No comments: